The following message was sent through ParentSquare to families registered for the 2021-2022 school year. If you did not receive this message, please email [email protected] to ensure your contact information is up to date.
July 23, 2021
Dear CCSD21 families,
At last night’s Board of Education meeting, School District 21 approved COVID-19 mitigation and management procedures for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Throughout the pandemic, CCSD21 has closely adhered to medical and scientific data and recommendations from the CDC and IDPH. The procedures in effect for the coming school year continue to align with such recommendations:
- All unvaccinated individuals, including students, are required to wear masks within the school.
- Families may continue to submit their child’s completed vaccination card by emailing a photo or copy of the card to [email protected]. Vaccinated students whose vaccination card is on file do not need to wear a mask within the school building.
- Per federal direction all individuals, regardless of vaccine status, are required to wear masks on school buses.
- Weekly SHIELD saliva testing for COVID-19 will continue for unvaccinated individuals.
- We will continue to contact trace following a positive test.
- Vaccinated students who are in close contact with a positive case will not need to quarantine if they do not have symptoms. If they do have symptoms, they will need to quarantine.
- Unvaccinated students who are in close contact with a positive case will need to quarantine.
- At direction of the Illinois State Board of Education, remote learning will only be available to those students who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine or who are not eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine, and are under quarantine consistent with guidance or requirements from a local public health department or the Illinois Department of Public Health.
More details regarding student cohorting, sports and extracurricular activities, food service, cleaning protocols, and more, are available within this document.
Thank you for your support and commitment to foster a safe and healthy environment for our students, staff, and community.